- Work for us
Inspector - Highways Operations
Find out more about this job and apply.
Employment Contract: Full Time - Permanent
Salary: £27,333 to £30,151
Number of hours: 37
Closing date: 1st December 2023
SWISCo is looking for someone to join our highly effective team of Inspectors, who look after the Highways network of Torbay. This exciting opportunity will enable the successful candidate to become part of a service function which plays an essential and key role in ensuring Torbay’s Highways are safe and maintained.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team but will also work alongside the wider Company to ensure there is effective collaborative approach to an end-to-end service providing added value to the residents and all those who use the highway network of Torbay.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their ability to meet the essential criteria provided in the Person Specification of the Job Description. This includes but not limited to:
- Demonstrable organisational skills, in order to prioritise and meet deadlines, which can often be conflicting.
- A proven ability to work on own initiative, being pro-active in their approach.
- Experience of using and utilising IT systems ranging from Office 365, MS Teams, GIS to bespoke software.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Highways Act 1980, Occupiers Liability Act 1957 and all associated codes of practice.
- Educated to ONC standard or possess equivalent organisational knowledge and experience in Civil engineering.
- Chapter 8 accreditation of the Traffic Signs Manual
- Full Drivers Licence
If you feel you can meet the essential criteria’s of the role, then we welcome an application form from you. The application form will need to be completed thoroughly and clearly demonstrate how you meet these essential criteria’s to enable your application to move forwards.
For an informal discussion please contact
Jon Setter-Turnham – Team Manager – Highways (Network Coordinator)
01803 207723 / 07768 694313
SWISCo is a limited company wholly owned by, and providing services on behalf of, Torbay Council.